Sunday, October 2, 2011

October 2, 2011 ~ Day 297
Vacation!


Vacation when you're 6, 4 and 2 is all about simple joys.

Where are we right now, kids?

"In Catalina!"

Why did we come here?

"We're having a vacation! We get to sleep here!"

What do we do on vacation?

"We play golf and swim in the REAL ocean!"

What's your favorite part about being on vacation?

Replies the six year old, introspectively:

"I like that when we play miniature golf there are little holes with tunnels in them and the balls go down to a different level of the course."

Adds his four year old brother, "I like to go in the taxi!"

What is the weather like?


"In the morning it is so sunny I cannot even breathe."

What are the people like?


"They're nice. Especially the one at the golf course that let us golf for free."

"Even the one that our sister made friends with at the golf course. That lady! Sister called her "Sarah" all morning even thought that wasn't her name."

Tell me more about the lady at the golf course.

"She was very pretty. Sister followed her everywhere saying, "Hi Sarah!" When we tried to talk with our sister she said, "No! Go away! I'm talking to Sarah!"

Well, who won the golf game?


"My brother and I did."

Where is your Dad right now?

"He's going for a little bike ride until ten o'clock. Then we're going to swim in the REAL ocean."

What else are we going to do today?

"We're going to get ice cream for dessert tonight, from an ACTUAL ice cream shop!"

Oh yeah? What makes the ice cream different than what we'd buy at the grocery store?

"It's special ice cream, mommy. With a big huge cone that looks like a waffle. And whipped cream like crazy on top!"

Anything else?

"We can go hiking again today!"

(Addressing the two year old:) Princess, what do you want to do today?

"Coin-y coin. I find coin for my piggy-piggy." She stuffs a nickel and a penny down the front of her footsie pajamas. "Oopsies!"

What was the boat ride like on the way over?


"It was really bumpy. I saw the waters bouncing on the top of the boat."

What is your favorite thing about going away on trips?


"I love to go and stay at a new house!"

"Sarah!" sings out little Sister. "I make new friends!"

"I like to see islands from the boat, and also see where we live at home."

If you could give travel advice to someone that has never traveled before, what would you say to them?

"It's really fun!"

"Buy food on the boat!"

"Make new friends!"

"Try new things!"

No comments:

Post a Comment